8 Things to Do This Labor Day in San Diego.
Another Labor Day weekend is on the way, and San Diego is bustling with ideas to make the most out of your long weekend! With a wide variety of pristine beaches and gorgeous weather all year round, there are plenty of ways for everyone to enjoy.
If you’re stuck trying to get some ideas, take a look at our round up of fun things to keep you entertained this Labor Day weekend.
- Annual Barona Pow-wow: Come together with old friends or make new ones! Join hundreds of tribal dancers of all ages from across the country. The three-day event will be filled with song, dance, and contests of skill. Visitors can enjoy delicious traditional dishes including Indian tacos and admire beautiful Native American arts and crafts.
- Haunted ghost tours: The winning combination of entertaining San Diego history and the suspenseful haunted tales of the past is assured to lift your spirits. Go back in time and hear about the lives of some well-known characters who lived and died in San Diego, and just might still be around in spirit form!
- Trolley tours: Trolley tours of San Diego are the perfect way to experience America’s Finest City. The trolley drivers are charming and most stops are interesting and very well worth it. Hop aboard one of the trolleys and experience a pleasurable blend of entertainment and transportation.
- Sand sculpting challenge: Check out the county’s largest and most amazing Sand Sculpting Challenge this Labor Day. Professional sculptors from around the globe will gather against American sculptors. The four-day event will be full of explosive creativity and fun! Additional attractions include a beer garden, arts and crafts, beautiful views of the ocean, live music, food trucks and beverage vendors.
- Festival of sail: Hosted by the Maritime Museum of San Diego, this event is the largest Tall Ship Festival on the West Coast. Explore visiting ships, mock cannon battles, exciting kids’ activities and many demonstrations. It’s a favorite with locals and visitors alike.
- San Diego Night Time Zoo: Going to San Diego at night is a great deal of fun if you know what to do. The San Diego Zoo is one of the better locations to try during the night versus during the day. There are fewer crowds and more fun shows to explore in the evening This year’s event is full of enjoyable activities for the kids. Live music, face painting, surprise encounters with animals and acrobats is just the beginning of what’s in store for visitors! Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes or sandals and be on the lookout for the petty peacocks and peahens that strut their stuff around the Zoo.
- SeaWorld: Make your way over to SeaWorld in San Diego for the final Summer Nights events. SeaWorld combines the fun of an amusement park with sea life and live entertainment at the park’s theatre. There are tons of learning opportunities for the little ones as well! Attractions include dancing dolphins, stunting sea lions, and the Bay Side Sky Ride. Don’t forget to stay for the Wonder Fireworks display that finishes on Labor Day.
Food and Drink
When we travel, the first thing that comes to mind is figuring out where to eat. When it comes to bars and restaurants, San Diego has treasures of both old and new. From sitting on a shaded patio to eating scallops by the seaside, there will be plenty of impeccable destinations to choose from. Listing all of our favorites would take decades, but you can easily find plenty of great award-winning restaurants, rooftop bars and fantastic night life to enjoy!
So, whatever your plans, spending your Labor Day in San Diego is guaranteed to be a blast!
View Full Post
Things to Do in San Diego This Summer
San Diego is great place to be because the weather is awesome, the people are friendly, and there is always something going on! Especially during the Summer, San Diego is a fun place to explore! Whether you’re looking for a more relaxing event, or an adventurous day out with the family, there’s something for everyone. Use this list of events and activities as your ultimate guide for Summer fun! We’ve included a few crowd favorites as well as some events you may not know about!
San Diego Zoo
Although this may seem like an obvious Summer activity for San Diego locals, the San Diego Zoo has much more to offer than most people realize. Aside from it being the largest zoo on the West Coast, the San Diego Zoo offers summer camps, interactive exhibits, private tours, experiences with the animals, and workshops just to name a few. This Summer is the perfect time to visit the zoo. If you have never been, or even if you are a frequent visitor, this is a great time to come because Africa Rocks is taking over this season. Africa Rocks features six new exhibits and plenty of new animals and educational experiences! The San Diego Zoo is a great place to take the kids for the day!
Movies/Concerts in the Park
All throughout San Diego this Summer there are movies and concerts in the park. Depending on where in San Diego you’re located, take a look at your local park or town schedule for a list of which parks are participating, or where the nearest one is! This is a great activity to pack a picnic and bring the kids to. But, it can also be a romantic date night with some wine and cheese!
Whether you have a ticket to the event or you just want to watch the commotion as a bystander, the Comicon is certainly not a weekend to be missed! Taking place the weekend of July 20-23 at the Convention Center in downtown San Diego, Comicon draws in visitors from all over to experience a superhero-filled weekend of excitement. Although buying a ticket to the event is very fun for those who have never experienced it, you can also get somewhat of an experience from simply hanging out around the convention center and watching all of the characters (quite literally) that participate in this event.
Del Mar Races
A day at the racetrack never hurt anyone! The Del Mar Races are one of San Diego’s most iconic events during the Summer! With Opening Day happening on Wednesday, July 19th, there’s plenty of time to get your outfits together and purchase tickets! The Opening Day is a great event to attend, but if you miss that, there are plenty of other fun events throughout the rest of the Summer!
Need a day out with just the adults? The Spirits Festival on August 26th is a fun event and a great day out for the parents! Leave the kids at home and uber to this event, because you will be drinking. Purchasing a ticket for the Spirits Festival gets you unlimited tastings of craft beer and wine from over 50 different vendors. Other food vendors and arts & crafts vendors will be in attendance as well.
For more updates on San Diego events, news and information give us a call today or take a look at our other blogs about San Diego!View Full Post
Read Our Blog
Posts By Category
Real Estate Search
- 4S Ranch
- Del Sur
- Rancho Penasquitos
- Rancho Bernado
- Carmel Valley
- Del Mar
- Rancho Santa Fe
- Chula Vista
- La Jolla
- San Marcos
- Solana Beach
- North City
- Scripps Ranch
- Bay park
- Cardiff By The Sea
- Fairbanks Ranch
- Mission Beach
- Mission Hills
- Point Loma
- Ocean Beach
- Pacific Beach
- Torrey highlands
- Black Mountain Ranch