30 Jan How to Sell a House
Today I’m laying out how to sell a home in five simple steps.
What are the main points of selling a home? I’m going to break it down into its simplest terms:
1. Prepare the home for sale. Get the home ready and market it. Whether you’re a FSBO or using a real estate company, you need to market the home everywhere.
2. Receive offers and find a buyer. You’ll counter the offers you get, and come to one buyer who is committed to buying your home.
3. Inspections. Inspectors will look to see if there’s any water damage, termites, and so on.
“Don’t always focus on price during a home sale, because the terms are also critical.”
4. The bank assesses the value. They will look at comparable in the market.
5. Closing on the home sale. The escrow company works for both the buyer and the seller. They take the money and contracts and make sure everything’s legal.
For buyers, there’s title insurance, which makes sure that the house stays yours once you buy it.
Tip: Don’t always focus on price during a home sale, because the terms are also critical.
San Diego is a wonderful place to live. If I or my team of agents can ever assist you in any way, just give us a call or send us an email. We would love to help you.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.